Fashion meets music with the opportunity to create a Google Arts & Culture exhibition for the British Music Collection
Sound and Music have a new curatorial programme in place for the British Music Collection, designed to encourage both artists and audiences to discover the story of British contemporary music.
We are seeking a composer to curate our tenth online exhibition with Google Arts & Culture.
The exhibition is on the theme of music and fashion, and we encourage applicants to think adventurously and imaginatively.
Starting points may include but are not limited to:
- Connections between music and fashion now, in the past, or in the future
- Visual/audio similarities (e.g. pattern and texture)
- Fashion 'soundworlds'
Need some inspiration? Browse our previous exhibitions here
>>For more information about the opportunity, including eligbility criteria, download our application guide here<<
Creative Project Leader, Harry Cooper, says:
“This is an exciting opportunity for a curator to produce an online exhibition linking the worlds of music and fashion using the British Music Collection. These exhibitions on Google Cultural Institute provide new and fascinating ways of seeing and understanding the contents of the collection and help to open it up to new audiences around the world.”
Applications are now open
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 7th November and include:
- Your CV (1 side of A4)
- Biography (in less than 200 words)
- A statement of no more than 1 side of A4 addressing the following questions:
- What is your proposed theme for the exhibition and how would you approach it?
- What are your other commitments for November - December 2016?
We kindly request that you also fill out our Equal Opportunities form, here: https://soundandmusic.typeform.com/to/ulLj3p
For more about the opportunity vist the Sound and Music website